A record of the changing Suffolk sky . . . click on a picture to view large . . . best seen full screen.

Thursday 19 January 2012

A changeable sky

There were a few spots of rain just before this - hardly enough to bother about. About lunchtime, and the edge of a sheet of altostratus with a roll of cumulus clouds in the distance, looking south east.
Late afternoon, and some cumulus fractus were silhouetted by the setting sun.
The same time as the last photo - a pastel-tinted sky with altostratus (some undulatus to the left). Five minutes earlier there was more pink but by the time I'd grabbed the camera and put my shoes on, it had mostly gone.

2 comments:

Jane said...

There is something beautiful, almost surreal, about clouds. Sadly, I know nothing of cloud science, but your photos have me transfixed.

Margaret Nelson said...

Thanks Jane. If you want to know more about clouds, explore my links.