A record of the changing Suffolk sky . . . click on a picture to view large . . . best seen full screen.

Saturday 23 October 2010

Today's weather forecast was "heavy rain", and there was a lot of stratus later on. These photos were taken during a dry spell at about 4-ish. I noticed this cumulonimbus cloud from my back gate but couldn't get a clear view as it was partially hidden by buildings, though I changed my vantage point several times. It was several miles north and the photos are deceptive because it's a huge cloud (they can reach very high elevations), though this one certainly wasn't one of the biggest. As it swelled up, the top became fibrous, as it turned to ice crystals in the upper atmosphere. If I'd had the car out, I might have gone to get some better shots.


Looking south easterly, there were some interesting shapes in a mixture of cumulus and stratocumulus clouds.

No comments: